Saturday 3 January 2009

Mama Mia

Feel a bit better now I've actually done something other that make a mess with my craft stuff. I've done a bit of tidying and decided to try Gordon Ramsay's version of Lasagne Al Forno to see if it is better than mine.

Now Gordy, you may be a classically trained Michelin star chef, but hey you cannae teach a Scottish woman how to cook mince. I've followed the bolognese recipe almost to the letter but without the olive oil (dry frying is kinder to the waistline Gordy) and with the addition of pancetta. I don't get the milk in the bolognese sauce but I suppose you know what you are talking about.

Onto the white sauce. Again, followed almost to the letter but I prefer the all in one method (milk, butter and flour in the pan at once and whisk while it's heating guaranteed lump free result). Mama Mia Gordy - what's with the cheddar cheese? Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chuck it in.


So Lasagne Al Forno assembled....done! Chilli con Carne made with the rest of the mince....done! Kitchen tidied....done! Dishes....done!

I'll let you know who wins the taste test later Gordy but in the meantime if you need any more hints or tips please do not hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment