Saturday 10 January 2009

I Give Up!


I'm having one of those days. You wouldn't know to look at it but I've been at this bloomin' card for bloomin' hours. First trying to find suitable papers, then my Cricut wasn't cutting the sentiment sharply, then I thought I'd stitch round the outside - big mistake - mini-sewing machine was playing up and I ain't dragging the adult version out.

So after several frustrating hours this will have to do for this weeks Penny Black Saturday Challenge theme which is a colour scheme - PINK & BROWN.

The papers are K&Co, the image is coloured using Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, the sentiment is Cricut Celebrations, and the lacy bit at the top is using my new Fiskars punch.

I'm off to do something else for an hour or so to clear my head before moving onto another challenge - hopefully I'll be back with something better later.

16 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. Only just found your blog through the PBSC so off to have a snoop around.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley ... well it was worth the stress cos when you got there in the end the result was fab :-) Love your image, papers and the Fiskars punch. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great card but it's a bloomin' nightmare when everything goes wrong and you're just not happy with the end result.

    Cute image!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - love that pudcat!! I have those K and Co papers and have never used the one you have ... you have inspired me!
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. even after all the ups and down the card has turned out brilliantly, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it came together beautifully Kim, the boarder punch is so pretty and love the cute image - fab work.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card isn't pathetic, it is very cute. Very nice job!

    Hugs, Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's not funny when it happens, but this happens to me too and probably everyone else, but usually the end result is worth all the effort and this card was definitely worth it, its fabby :-)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. well there ain't nothing wrong with this one...its gorgeous....love the papers and your cute image...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
    Hugs Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kimberley! I love the cute kitty image and the pretty paper and punched border detail.
    Enjoy your weekend! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you had such a bad time making your card but it was all worth it. Hope the rest of your day went a bit better!!
    thankyou for joining us this week on pbsc
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand totally. Still the finished result looks fab, love the border at the top and the image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all get times like this, very frustrating! Your card is fab though - you have nothing to worry about! Thanks for joining us this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is lovely - and I so know the feeling when you are having one of "those" days!

    take Care
    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card, often have one of them days!! sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's not pathetic! i love it, it looks great!
    Don't be so hard on yourself :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete