Sunday 21 February 2010

Her Name Was Lola....

... I bet you've got old Barry Manilow ringing in your ears haven't you? Sorry about that! I haven't shared my diet update with you for the last two weeks as I haven't lost anything (boo-hoo). Not helped I suppose by the fact that we had a lovely meal at R34, a local restaurant in a beautiful art-deco building, last night.



I had chicken liver parfait with oatcakes and red onion jam, breast of chicken stuffed with Fontina cheese and Parma ham in a light jus with fondant potato and to follow a crumble topped rhubarb trifle.....mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm! Afterwards we went to the pictures to see Invictus and I have to say that Morgan Freeman is brilliant as Nelson Mandela.

Today I've made a 21st Birthday card which is version II (I made a totally different one last week which I now don't like). I've used Funky Hand DP, a Pink Petticoat image, the flower has been cut using my new Nestabilites. I like this one a little better - well it's got polka dots and pink - you can't go far wrong in my book with those ingredients.



I think it fits into the following challenges this week:

Pile it On - flowers
Digital Tuesday - all things girly
Get Funky - free theme

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kimberley this is just great I love that image and your design thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card kimberley....thanks for joining in the fun this month with the Get Funky Gang...hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberley

    A lovely card.

    I agree with you - your can't go far wrong with pink and polka dots - of polka dots full stop!!! LOL!!!

    I love your flower very much.

    Thank you for joining in the Get Funky! challenge this month. I hope you are able to play along again.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Love the polka dots and the lovely flower.

    The meal sounds gorgeous too, well worth breaking your diet for. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card
    Thanks for playing along at Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete